During your visits to our website, remember that the medical and health information presented here is intended to be general in nature, and should not be viewed as a substitute for professional advice. Please consult with a health care professional for all matters relating to personal medical and health care issues.
Scope & Application
Security of Information
You can access and browse our Online Platforms at any time without providing any personally identifying information. We do not collect information that would personally identify you unless you choose to provide it.
The security of your information is important to us. We take all necessary and legally required precautions to protect the information we collect. But you should keep in mind that no website or internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing strong passwords and never sharing your password with anyone else. If you create or receive a password in connection with online service access, please notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached, and remember to log off the online service before you leave your computer or mobile device.
The Online Platforms offer opportunities to communicate with us via email. Dr. Emick and her affiliates are not responsible for privacy of email messages except those sent from and stored in their systems. If you wish to keep your information completely private, you should not use email to communicate with us. Keep in mind,
- Because your personal email is not likely encrypted, the possibility exists that unauthorized individuals may intercept email messages.
- It is possible that your email could be viewed inappropriately by another internet user.
- Misaddressing your email may result in others intercepting, altering, forwarding or using the information without authorization.
- If you receive email at work, your employer may have the right to save and read your email; similarly, your internet service provider may have the right to save and read your email.
- If you share your email account, others may view your emails.
- Email can be used unknowingly to spread computer viruses.
Collection and Use of Information
Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Your Control Over Information
You have available to you a variety of tools to manage cookies and similar technologies that collect information related to your use of the Online Platforms, including web browser controls to block and delete cookies or adjust your tracking preferences. For cookies and similar technologies used on mobile apps for applicable targeted advertising activities, follow the steps provided by your mobile device platform provider (Apple, Android or others) to opt out of having your information collected and used by digital marketing groups.
Please note, disabling, removing or blocking cookies may turn off some of the features of our Online Platforms that make your experience more efficient, and some Online Platforms may not function properly. If you opt out of having your information collected and used by digital marketing groups for interest-based advertising purposes, you will continue to receive ads, but such ads will not be tailored to your specific interests based on web viewing data collected from your device over time and across unaffiliated websites.
Sharing of Information
- In the course of doing business, we engage the services of other companies and individuals to perform a variety of functions on our behalf. For example, we may provide information as necessary to companies that host our Online Platforms or send communications on our behalf. These service providers may have access to information about you if it is needed to perform their functions for us, but they are not authorized by us to use or disclose such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements, and they are required to maintain the information in confidence.
- We reserve the right to disclose information if required to do so by law or by a regulatory authority. We may also disclose information as part of an investigation or enforcement action relating to improper or illegal conduct in connection with our Online Platforms or other products, including, without limitation, any situations that may potentially involve threats to the safety or privacy of any person or misuse of our Online Platforms.
- We may maintain and use aggregate data or other non-identified information (i.e., data that does not identify a specific individual), such as usage statistics, device data, online traffic patterns and user feedback to improve our Online Platforms.
Our website contains links to other websites that are not managed or controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience only. We do not review, endorse or take responsibility for the content of these other websites. These Third-Party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. If you choose to access such sites, you are subject to the privacy policies of those sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children (we define “children” as minors younger than 13) on our Online Platforms. We do not knowingly allow children to communicate with us or use any of our Online Platforms. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us, and we will work with you to address this issue.
Do Not Track Disclosure
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, like many other websites and online services, we do not currently respond to any Do Not Track browser requests.
Visiting the Online Platforms from Outside the United States
Acceptance of These Terms
Reservation of Rights
Printing or Downloading Information
Unless otherwise stated, you may print or download information from our website for personal, noncommercial use only. You must, however, identify the source of the material and include a statement that the materials are protected by copyright law.
Website Contact Information
Dr. M.A. Emick and Associates
215 West Mulberry Street, Suite B
Denton, Texas 76201