Before we jump into things, there are a few things you need to know. First, this office has therapy dogs. If you are afraid of, allergic to, or just plain don’t like dogs, this isn’t the practice for you!
Apollo and Tessa Taking a Break
Services Not Offered
- Dr. Emick does not offer evening or weekend appointments.
- Dr. Emick does not write prescriptions.
- Dr. Emick does not fill out forms of any type.
- Dr. Emick does not evaluate or treat children.
- Dr. Emick does not provide:
- Forensic/court ordered/attorney requested services
- Disability examinations
- Marital counseling
- Family counseling
- Treatment for autism
- Treatment for substance abuse or other addictions
- Treatment for eating disorders
- Treatment for personality disorders
- Treatment for anger management
- Sex offender treatment
- Treatment for “cutting” or other forms of self-injurious behavior
- Emergency treatment
Neuropsychological and psychological assessments are considered specialty procedures.
- Insurance companies require documentation of medical necessity prior to approving and/or paying for these procedures.
- If your physician has not directly referred you to Dr. Emick and you feel that you are a candidate for neuropsychological or psychological evaluation, please schedule an appointment with your physician. If, after examining you, your physician believes that neuropsychological or psychological evaluation is appropriate, he or she can send a referral directly to Dr. Emick. Hint: a referral that simply says the patient wants testing does not provide documentation of medical necessity!
Sounds like a lot of work? Perhaps, but it certainly beats paying several thousand dollars out of pocket because your insurance company chose not to pay based on lack of medical necessity.
Dr. Emick has been granted authority to practice interjurisdictional telepsychology by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards. Her Authority to Practice Interjurisdictional Telepsychology mobility number is 6072. For information on how to verify a mobility number, please call (888) 201-6360 or click here. Dr. Emick’s competence to provide telehealth services has been certified by the National Register of Health Service Psychologists and The Trust. She offers telehealth appointments on a case-by-case basis as appropriate.
Request an Appointment
Dr. Emick does not treat children!
If you have carefully read all of the services not offered, have verified that Dr. Emick is a provider on your insurance plan, and feel that Dr. Emick would be a good fit for you, please click on the calendar below to request an appointment. If you send a request at a time when the office is closed, your request will be reviewed on the day the office is next open.
If you are actively suicidal are otherwise in crisis, please do not use this feature. Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room immediately!