Still having problems finding stillness? There are many ways to soothe the mind and body. Here’s a few you might try as you perfect your mindfulness techniques:
- Listening to chants or chanting yourself. Most cultures, and all great world religions, utilize chants in one form or another. Wikipedia offers a good review of the various chanting styles for you to explore. Here is the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chant
- Listening to a metronome
- Listening to music you find relaxing, such as acoustic guitar or classical
- Listening to waves, rain or other repetitive nature sounds
- Rocking your body rhythmically
- Engaging in repetitive, brisk exercise
Disclaimer: This blog is not designed to diagnose, treat, or prevent illnesses or trauma, and Dr. Emick is not responsible for your use of this educational material or its consequences. Furthermore, reading this blog does not create a doctor-patient relationship. The information contained within this blog is not intended to dictate what constitutes reasonable, appropriate, or best care for any given physical or behavioral health issue, nor does it take into account the unique circumstances that define the health issues of the reader. If you have questions about the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a condition or illness, you should consult your personal health care professional. As always, consult with your personal health care professional before beginning or changing any fitness or nutrition program to make sure that it is appropriate for your needs. Dr. Emick reserves the right to modify her positions on a subject based upon new research or data as it presents.